Litwin Books is an independent academic publisher of books about media, communication and the cultural record. We are interdisciplinary in scope and intention, and gather together works from a range of disciplines. Through our Library Juice Press imprint, we publish books that examine theoretical and practical issues in librarianship from a critical perspective, for an audience of professional librarians and students of library science.
From Litwin Books:
- Archival Research and Education: Selected Papers from the 2014 AERI Conference, edited by Richard J. Cox, Alison Langmead, and Eleanor Mattern
- Islands in the Cyberstream: Seeking Havens of Reason in a Programmed Society, by Joseph Weizenbaum
- Learning from the BRICS: Open Access to Scientific Information in Emerging Countries, by Joachim Schöpfel
- Queers Online: LGBT Digital Practices in Libraries, Archives, and Museums, edited by Rachel Wexelbaum
- Let’s Split! A Complete Guide to Separatist Movements and Aspirant Nations, from Abkhazia to Zanzibar, by Christopher F. Roth
- Piracy: Leakages from Modernity, edited by Martin Fredriksson and James Arvanitakis
- The Book Collecting Practices of Black Magazine Editors, by Thomas Weissinger
- Identity Palimpsests: Archiving Ethnicity in the U.S. and Canada, edited by Dominique Daniel and Amalia Levi
- Ephemeral Material: Queering the Archive, by Alana Kumbier
- Life as Activism: June Jordan's Writings from The Progressive, edited by Stacy Russo
- Feminist and Queer Information Studies Reader, edited by Patrick Keilty and Rebecca Dean
- Voltaire's Fanaticism, or Mahomet the Prophet: A New Translation, translated by Hanna Burton
- Import of the Archive: U.S. Colonial Rule of the Philippines and the Making of American Archival History, by Cheryl Beredo
- Make Your Own History: Documenting Feminist and Queer Activism in the 21st Century, edited by Lyz Bly and Kelly Wooten
Current offerings on our Library Juice Press imprint:
- Information Literacy and Writing Studies in Conversation: Reenvisioning Library-Writing Program Connections, by Andrea Baer
- Class and Librarianship: Essays at the Intersection of Information, Labor and Capital, edited by Erik Estep and Nathaniel Enright
- Critical Information Literacy: Foundations, Inspiration, and Ideas, by Annie Downey
- Progressive Community Action: Critical Theory and Social Justice in Library and Information Science, edited by Bharat Mehra and Kevin Rioux
- Where are all the Librarians of Color? The Experiences of People of Color in Academia, edited by Rebecca Hankins and Miguel Juárez
- The Psychology of Librarianship, edited by H. Stephen Wright, Lynn Gullickson Spencer, and Leanne VandeCreek
- The Dialectic of Academic Librarianship: A Critical Approach, by Stephen Bales
- Roots and Flowers: The Life and Work of the Afro-Cuban Librarian Marta Terry González, by Abdul Alkalimat and Kate Williams
- In Solidarity: Academic Librarian Labour Activism and Union Participation in Canada, edited by Jennifer Dekker and Mary Kandiuk
- Critical Journeys: How 14 Librarians Came to Embrace Critical Practice, by Robert Schroeder
- The Library Juice Press Handbook of Intellectual Freedom: Concepts, Cases, and Theories, edited by Mark Alfino and Laura Koltutsky
- Informed Agitation: Library and Information Skills in Social Justice Movements and Beyond, edited by Melissa Morrone
- Focus on Educating for Sustainability: Toolkit for Academic Libraries, edited by Maria Jankowska
- Information Literacy and Social Justice: Radical Professional Praxis, edited by Shana Higgins and Lua Gregory
- Feminist Pedagogy for Library Instruction, by Maria Accardi
- Series on Gender and Sexuality in Information Studies, Emily Drabinski, series editor.
- Series on Archives, Archivists, and Society, Richard J. Cox, series editor.
- Series on Critical Race Studies and Multiculturalism in LIS, Rose L. Chou and Annie Pho, series editors.
Auslander & Fox:
- Walt, by Ian Stoba
- Allie and the Monster Who Said Blah Blah Blah, written by Rory Litwin and illustrated by Ginny Maki
- Ethay Ookbay ofway Almspsay andway ethay Ookbay ofway Overbspray, ybay Odgay. (Psalms and Proverbs in Pig Latin)
We are presently accepting manuscripts. See our authors' page for more information.